Page 1 of 2
Department of Economics
- The Department of Economics was established in 1958 as one of the constituent departments of then new established Faculty of Economic and Social Studies.
- The Department and since its establishment used to offer an academic programme in Economics leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science in Economics after completing 4 years of study.
- Students are selected for the fifth year honors class on the basis of academic merit and they awarded a B.Sc. Honor's in economics.
- After the adaption of the academic reform programme in 2003, the Department started to offer 3 specialization streams in economics, namely:
- Economics & Finance,
- Economics and Economics Development, and
- Economics and Quantitative Analysis,